Sunday, January 3, 2010

INVITING OBAMA TO VISIT THE PHILIPPINES AND TOUR THE SOUTHEAST ASIAN REGION.....


Dear Pres. Barack Obama,




I'm Rummel Pinera. I'm a blogger from the Philippines. I'm a big fan of yours. I've organized pro-Obama forums, groups and discussions all over the internet or e-web during and after the campaign-period for the 2008 US presidential election. I can say that the recently-concluded US presidential election was the first US presidential election that attracted the participation of on-line activists from all parts of the globe to campaign aggressively for a charismatic presidential candidate- Sir Barack Obama. You are a great icon to all the citizens of the globe who are right now making great efforts in making democracy and human rights really work in their respective countries.





I'm appealing to you- US Pres. Barack Obama- to make an official tour of the Southeast Asian region and visit my home-country the Philippines. I believe that such a visit can inspire the citizens of the Southeast Asian countries to work harder for the fortification of a human-rights' pact that can eliminate all the discriminatory policies of certain governments against ethnic and religious minorities in the said region. I hope that Pres. Obama can do such tour in January of year 2010. I see Pres. Barack Obama as a symbol of racial equality and religious tolerance. Therefore, your would-be visit to Southeast Asia would somehow inspire the citizens of the whole place to work closely together in order to eradicate discriminatory policies against certain ethnic minorities and help foster religious freedom all over the region.




You have recently won the Nobel- Peace Prize. I’m happy that you won such prize. I know that you know well that a Nobel Peace- Prize winner from Southeast Asia—Miss Aung San Suu Kyi – has long been under house detention for her dedication to human rights and freedom. I know that Pres. Obama can help inspire the major member-states of the ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) to work effectively in helping the Burmese people regain their freedom from despotic rule.
I'm looking forward to the day when US Pres. Obama would officially announce that he would visit the Philippines and tour the Southeast Asian region.
In fact, I’m doing an on-line campaign for this cause. I’m crossing my fingers that this request will be granted by you- US Pres. Barack Obama. Thanks.







Sincerely,
RUMMEL PINERA

San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines

Tel. Number: 632-847- 2166

E-mail Address: rummelp@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment